Multiple improvements have been made to Perception in version 2.5.2, from increasing system performance to more advanced detection techniques.
The largest improvement is largely invisible, but makes the system configurable to allow processing limits to be applied to traffic received from the network, this increases stability of the system as a whole as it protects against bursts of network traffic. There have been more under the hood changes as we have also upgraded the underlying operating system to the latest version.
More user facing changes include updates to some ForensicAI alerts to include scoring and suppression, further increasing confidence of a detection all while reducing any false alerts. This is part of ongoing work to bring all ForensicAI capability up to the same standard.
A full list of updates are below:
- Patch release to address issue with Nginx package install.
- Added configuration options to allow processing limits to be applied to traffic received from the network.
- Improved log file management.
- Patch release to address installation issues observed during upgrade from previous operating system.
- System fully upgraded to run on latest version of operating system.
- Updates to lateral and egress HLCs to include scores and suppression.
- Addition to ransomware extension list.
This update will be pushed to all managed customers at the pre-agreed upgrade time. Self-monitored customers can update their own systems using the software upgrade processes. If you have any further questions about this upgrade please contact us at email@example.com